The International Special Events Society (ISES) has released its Global Business Survey, revealing strong growth across all sectors of the events industry.
The survey, conducted during March 2014 across all 5500 ISES members in the US, Canada, UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasia, shows the general level of business confidence being very high both in terms of projected agency and supplier sales growth and direct client spending on events.
Headline findings from the report are:
- 78 per cent of those surveyed expect business to grow during 2014/15
- 18 per cent expect business to remain the same
- Of those expecting growth, 52 per cent forecast more than 25 per cent
- 26 per cent forecast more than 10 per cent
- 18 per cent forecast more than 50 per cent
- 57 per cent expect direct client spend on events to increase in 2014/15
- 36 per cent expect direct client spend on events in 2014/15 to remain the same
ISES international president, Brian Acheson, said the survey shows the event industry is continuing to recover, not just locally but globally, and that there is a very strong demand for event products and services across all sectors with both supplier sales and client spend increasing at a fast pace.
“Providing face to face communication and delivering live event experiences is what ISES people do best, and we look forward to assisting our members achieve even greater success as we continue to promote the value of this incredible industry,” he said.
With more than 5500 members in 50 chapters throughout the world the International Special Events Society (ISES) has been a valued and trusted partner in the global events industry for more than 25 years. ISES members are regarded as the very best in what they do, creating a powerful and influential community of event professionals around the world, working together to find new ways to communicate through the power of live events.